This was right after her doctors appt, she slept four a couple hours like that.
This one is for Uncle Ryan, Justin says she's throwing up gang signs :)
Well, its that time already, Harper is just about two months old and went in for her first set of vaccinations this morning :( Its so hard watching your baby get stuck with all those needles, I still remember crying when Jack got his! It seemed like they were harder on me than Harper though. I fully anticipated her crying all the way home, and instead she slept peacefully with a Binky in her mouth and I cried all the way home! However... at about 2:00 this afternoon, she lost it! Poor girl was inconsolable for about an hour and has been fussing on and off all afternoon. I read that the pertussis shot can cause cramping in the muscle near the injection site and that may be why she is so upset. We have been giving her Tylenol though every few hours and I am getting ready to give her a warm bath and see if that helps.The doctor took another look at Harper's belly button, which is herniated for those of you who don't know, that's when the walls of a baby's tummy muscle don't close up all the way around the umbilical cord and tissue from inside the abdomen protrudes out around the belly button. Some can be small and heal by the time the child is 2 or three, but Harper's is huge! The hole its self is about the size of a nickel and the bulge coming out is bigger than a ping pong ball! So Doc referred us to a female surgeon who we will meet with in the next week or so. From what I have researched the procedure is done while the baby is under anesthesia (asleep and pain-free) and the doctor pushes the tissue back into the abdomen and either stitches up the hole in the muscles or places mesh over the top of it. I'm sure I will learn more once I talk to the surgeon and at that time we will decide whether it is worth it or not.
I'll keep everyone posted on what we find out!
Harpers stats :)
8 weeks old
12 lbs 4 ozs
24 inches long
Head Circ. 14 in.
Super Cute!
Super Cute!
